Questions and answers of slag ball
1. How to determine the time and position of putting the slag ball
When tapping to 3/4, use a special device to drop the slag ball from the slag surface 500㎜ above the tapping hole, the slag blocking effect is the best.
2. How to evaluate the effect of using slag ball
The use effect of the slag retaining ball can be evaluated by observing the shape of the molten steel in the taphole. When the slag blocking effect is good, the molten steel in the taphole should flow down in an annular shape. It can also be judged by the color of the slag.
3. What is the role of the groove on the slag ball? How to calculate
The function of the groove on the slag ball is to facilitate the outflow of molten steel during the slag blocking process.
The calculation formula of groove volume is: V1 = groove area * groove length = πr2 / 2 * L
4. How to evaluate the performance of slag ball after use?
The effect of the slag ball after use can be evaluated by the thickness of the slag layer in the ladle and the yield of the alloy. The thickness of the slag layer is small, the yield of the alloy is high, and the slag blocking effect is good.
5. What data need to be recorded in the field test
The data to be recorded in the field test are: tapping temperature, slag ball holding time, slag layer thickness, alloy yield, etc.