The main functions of taphole clay
1) Botting; it is required to have good filling and sintering properties;
2) Stable tapping iron water, requiring taphole clay to open the taphole with good corrosion and erosion resistance.
3) Protect the hearth,it requires that there is no crack when the mud is heated rapidly, and the bonding strength between the new and old mud is high.
4) The opening performance is good, and the drill bit is easy to drill.
5) Moderate plasticity, easy for mud gun operation and the formation of iron mouth mud bag,
6) Good volume stability, small volume change at high temperature, no shrinkage due to leakage of molten iron.