The causes of cracks in ladle slide gate plate
1. Crack caused by stress concentration
The main reasons are as follows:
1) The mechanism box is not cleaned;
2) The installation of the upper nozzle is too high;
3) The mechanism is deformed and the sliding box is not flat;
2. Thermal shock cracks caused by thermal stress
There are many influencing factors:
1) When the molten steel flows through the casting hole, the temperature suddenly rises, and radioactive thermal shock cracks are generated around the casting hole;
2) The cast hole is first subjected to thermal shock and expansion. When the thermal conductivity is small and the temperature gradient is large, a large thermal stress is generated to cause cracks.
3) Slide gate plate is easy to cause cracks due to different expansion coefficients.